Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Last Blog.

It's been a wild wide this semester in etymology. I feel like I've learned more about writing in just this class than I have in english class all year. I really liked how the class focused on writing, instead of the history of english  literature or some other crap like my other english classes. I really believed I improved my writing skills alot over the course of this semester, and I plan to use the skills I learned in this class for the rest of my life. And I also find myself using etymology vocab in my everyday vocabulary now, it makes me look so smart, and in papers i've been accused of plagiarizing because of my use of the vocabulary and claims.  At the beginning I was everything but a reader, I never read. But now, I really think I'll read outside of class. I actually look forward to reading this summer. I always said before that I didn't have the time to read, but because of this class, I feel like like everything else you just have to make time. One thing I had trouble with, was sticking to books. I think If I read fiction books I wouldn't have been a "book hopper" so often; however, as minute as it may seem, the extra 50 pages and original extra blog posts was a big turn off. I also really liked the blogging experience, I thought that it kind of made the class feel like an independent study, I really liked the idea of having something of my own. It would have been nice if we would have just had 2 blogs a week though, and if the blogs were checked every week like they were originally. I liked having blogs due every week a lot better just because It kept me from procrastinating a week and then realizing that I had 6+ blogs due in just a few days, which led to me doing multiple blogs in one day. As far as poetry goes, i've kind of fallen in love with poetry this semester. I really enjoyed performing them in the poetry slam this semester and I actually want to participate in the national poetry slam, I think it'd be a lot of fun. Lastly, it's kind of sad that This year is coming to an end. Especially etymology class, I'm really going to miss daily poems, reading thursdays, as well as running to lunch and making fun of Chelsey Thomas.

Truly, Take Care everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment