Monday, February 14, 2011

Grammy Recap

Okay, so the grammys are officially over! :( They were pretty good even though Drake won nothing! It was still a good show. Wait, it wasn't even an awards show! They only gave out like nine awards the whole time. I'm kinda disappointed with the grammys this year. Big categories weren't even aired on Tv, but were aired on the pre-telecast four hours before the televised event started. I'd rather see less perfomances and more awards handed out! Big names like Usher, Jay Z and Rihanna all won huge awards but weren't showed on televison. Come on! These are these people's moments (4 Life). Granted, I am glad I got to see Rihanna on the stage, Twice! She performed once with "Love the Way you lie Pt.2" and another time with Drake in "What's my Name?". However, some of the performances were deemed unecessary: Mick Jagger was terrible and Cee Lo Green should cee'n his way off the stage. The biggest shocker of the year wasn't Drake winning nothing, but was the Best new artist Winner! Drake and Rihanna should have dedicated "What's My name?" to Esperanza Spalding because I'm sure no one knew who she was! I'd hope that the winner, nominee at that for Best New Artist would have something to do with popularity. Heck, I would have rather had Jbiebz won. Lady Antebellum was the big winner tonight though. They won song of the year & Record of the year; while Arcade Fire took home Album of the Year! All in all, it was a pretty good Grammy concert and one of my favorites over the past few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment