Monday, February 7, 2011

Grammy's

The grammy's are coming up next week! It's my favorite televised awards show there is. I like the AMA's and The MTV awards but I think this is the only credible US music awards show. Winning a grammy is a huge honor, and winning the other ones are too but this is the best of the best.

This year some of my favorite artists are nominated in the Huge categories. My favorite rapper Drizzy Drake has been nominated for best new artist as well as Best Rap Album, Best Rap Solo performance 'Over', and Best Performance by a Duo or Group ' Fancy'. My favorite female artist, Rihanna is up for four nominations also. Best Dance Recording-- Only Girl ( In the World), Record of the Year-- Love The way you lie (Eminem feat. Rihanna), Song of The year-- Love The way you lie, Best Rap/Sung Collaboration-- Love The way you lie, Best Rap Song-- Love The way you lie, Best Short Form music video--you guessed it, Love The way you lie AGAIN! I'm going to be really mad if it doesn't win one grammy. The song was so powerful. Eminem and Rihanna are both known for their backrounds in domestic violence and for them to collaborate and take their roles, and tell their stories as abuser and the abused is EPIC! My favorite male singer, Chris Brown, was also nominated. Ironically, Chris brown was Rihanna's ex boyfriend who beat her, and she sings about him in Love The way you lie but I still love his music. He's nominatied for Best R&B performance with group-- Take My Time , Best comtemporary R&B Album--Graffitii, and Best Rap/Sung collabo--Dueces (one of my personal favorites). Chris Brown and Rihanna are going head to head in the rap/sung collabo category with Love the Way you Lie and Dueces, i'm rooting for Em and Ri.

Also, this year has some of my FAVORITE peformers ever! My two favorite artists right now are peforming together, Drake and Rihanna! Most likely performing a medley with their smash hit What's My name. As far as other performers go, Usher is performing this year! Unfortunatley, he's performing with Justin bieber; thus, ruining his performance. I might not even watch. Anyways, I am super suprised for the grammy's this year! I don't think i've ever been this excited. Personally, I think the grammy's is better then all other awards shows, even better then the Oscars and the Tony Award becasuse as an artist a person gets to display their true feelings and tell their own story; while actors become other people, and while you can sometimes relate to their characters,  you can rarely relate to them. Music tells a story, and the grammys are simply a celebration of music. That's why i'm tuning in.

Btw, Did I tell you Drake and Rihanna we're performing together? I can't wait!

1 comment: