Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Rock Facts: The KING... of Gospel?



I was recently browsing twitter and this just happened to catch my eye. I find it crazy that THE King had never won any Grammy awards for his rock music. Maybe the Grammys didn't matter as much then, i'm not sure. I'm still in shock though. That's like Kanye West winning a Grammy for best Gospel song, which he unfortunately almost did. I could easily name off some of the best rock songs in history--Hound dog, Can't help falling in love, Jail house Rock, just to name a few. And nope, none of them are Gospel songs. Maybe that's why he's called the King, he was the king of all genres. But Still, come on, that's bogus. I definitely hit the follow button after reading this tweet (okay, maybe not) but still, very interesting @Rockfacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment