Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The founding of Facemash

I know, I know, i've slowed down on my blogging. I've been really busy. I don't want to take the readings chapter by chapter though because then people might not read the book, and people need to read this book!

In my opinion, this is truly where the rest of the book unravels. The reading begins with Mark mad, angrily blogging about a girl who denied him, while his best friend Eduardo is out partying with his new fraternity. Although it isn't directly said that Mark is jealous, it's connotated. Also, in this reading Mark started to take "Facebooks" from Harvard online, and from the many housings and decided to compile pictures to create FaceMash. This was truly the beginning of facebook. Hacking into Harvard's base was simple for someone as streamlined as Mark, stealing thousands of pictures without a trace.

It'll be interesting to see how things turn out. I can start to see how things are going to go bad. I always thought Eduardo would betray Mark, but i'm starting to think it's the other way around. Anyways, as of right now, facebook is probably one of my least favorite social networking sites. I much prefer Tumblr & Twitter. Who knows, maybe soon i'll be reading about the founding of Tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment