Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Children's Books, Childhood Memories.

Upon looking through the collection of books, I came across many books I read as a child. It was pretty cool to see all the books I read as a child, It brought back a lot of memories. I was surprised at the age The Poky little Puppy, and Goodnight Moon, some of my childhood favorites. Out of all the books on the timeline, my very favorite had to be The Stinky Cheese Man and other Fairly stupid Tales. It was fairly new compared to the other books, being written in 1993. Instead of just retelling old tales, this story took the stinky cheese man and his adventures through old tales and completely messing things up. He found his way through the three little pigs, jack and the beanstalk, and other stories. In the end everyone hated him, and he ended up sinking in a river (I know, sad story for little kids). Another childhood favorite of mine was The true story of the three little pigs, It was the same story of the three little pigs through the wolf's perspective. In this story, he was innocent and the pigs we're out to get him. I'd recommend any of these books to people, and I hope you will take the time to read them. You're never too old for a children's book!

No comments:

Post a Comment